Nice! Thanks for considering our intern program. We had a feeling you had some awesomeness to share.
At R+M, we aren’t exactly brain surgeons (you’re welcome brains), but we are a small group of fun, passionate, and inquisitive creatives. So, if you’re a knowledge sponge who’s also willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty (not COVID dirty) … we’d be honored to show you the ropes.
R+M is a brand experience agency focused on companies that positively impact our health, well-being and social responsibility. We embrace diverse perspectives and believe they spark creativity and drive critical thinking.
Due to the Coronavirus, this will be a virtual internship. However, you will be fully integrated into our team culture with the help of Zoom, Google hangouts, Chats, so we hope tech is your friend!
- Want real-world experience inside an agency designed without siloed departments, providing an open format for creativity and strategy to build communications together.
- Are an undergraduate or graduate student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Has a desire to learn and explore, as well as teach others along the way.
- Has a love for commercial design, and understands its ability to make emotional connections.
- Has a good sense of humor, is a critical thinker and loves to ask questions.
Details: Due to the Coronavirus, this will be a virtual internship. However, you will be fully integrated into our team culture. Selected interns are anticipated to work 15 hours per week, for three consecutive days, preferably Tues/Wed/Thurs, during that week. This is an unpaid position but we can offer students educational credit.
You will participate in all facets of our agency’s creative process. Including assisting and supporting our agency with a variety of branding initiatives. Participation level will be determined by the intern’s interests along with our agency’s active engagements and client needs.
Sample List of Tasks:
- Assist in designing, concepting, layout, comping, photos searching, font organization, mechanical prep and proofing.
- Gain exposure to a variety of projects, including web, print, interactive and social media.
- Assist in developing branding campaigns, producing brand/creative briefs.
- Provide input during ideation sessions and development of client strategies
Fall, Design Internship Application Schedule – 2020:
- July 7: Design internship applications are open
- July 7 – August 11: Internship applications are accepted
- August 12: Application submission is closed
- August 12-19: Applications are reviewed
- August 20-26: Those selected for consideration will receive an email invitation for a virtual interview
- August 27 – September 4: Interviews, game time!
- September 9: Selected intern(s) are confirmed
- Intern(s) Onboarding day: September 22, 2020 (anticipated)
- Internship end: December 10, 2020 (anticipated)